Wednesday, July 22, 2009

What is the best "deep conditioner" for fine, thin, but very dry hair?

What brands specifically and how often to use w/o causing further damage?



What is the best "deep conditioner" for fine, thin, but very dry hair?

I use the L'Oreal hair masque for color-treated hair once a week. :) Then again, I color my hair, so it's appropriate. I've found that I keep my hair in better shape with a light conditioner every day and then do the deep conditioning once a week. I use the L'Oreal Excellence color on my hair - those conditioning tubes they pack with them are so thick, so I also use a little bit of that once a week, instead of using half the tube immediately after I color and the other half 2 weeks later. One tube will last me from color to color (about 6-8 weeks, if I stay on top of it).



For the daily conditioning, I love the Dove line (I just couldn't find a masque by them yet or else I would have stayed true to product line LOL) - their foaming "mousse-like" conditioner works very well - it conditions lightly and rinses clean. Plus, I use their moisturizing shampoo too.



My mother-in-law swears by V05's hot oil treatment, but she has very thick hair. I suppose you could give it a try, but it might weigh your hair down.



One other note, it's best to take a few suggestions and try them out - what works for me might not work for you...but I started using Dove after I asked a friend who has GORGEOUS hair...and when I put the time into styling mine, it turns out pretty damn good too. :) I have another friend who swears by the Garnier line and they just don't work well for me.



Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment