Thursday, July 30, 2009

Thinning hair over the last 6 months?

Hi



Oh god, this is such a sensitive topic for me. Okay I've always dyed my hair, pulled on it, used hot things on it etc. I've always had healthy, FULL hair. Well in September I used some bleach product on it and had it on too long and lost some hair. I didn't have this product over entire head....only in certain sections and only one section was "over done". anyway, I also dye my hair brown all the time cause i have noticeable graying. So, the last 6 months I've noticed that my hair has gotten thinner. I've been letting my hair grow out for 1.5 years and it's getting super long, but why is it getting thinner? How do I get it back to good health?



Thanks!



Thinning hair over the last 6 months?

OK first off, you mention your hair is thinning. But you did not mention your age. If you are an older lady, hair loss is part 'n' parcel of getting older, and from what I'm told, its not all that uncommon in maturing women.



But yes, sometimes overstyling and fussing can cause loss.



Other issues include nutrition/vitamin deficiency. thyroid or other hormonal problems, menopause (estrogen loss), shock or trauma or extreme stress. I personally have battled this issue as a result of PTSD and fibromyalgia related issues.



I suggest a few things.



First, go to a doctor. Only your GP can determine exactly why you're having loss, and its important to rule out serious problems before you proceed trying to fix it.



Second, if health factors are ruled out, there are a few things you can do.



Nioxin is a hair shampoo/conditioner/spray system treatment that restores a full thick look to your hair while also stimulating growth. Its highly recommended not only to restore hair, but just as a fantastic cleanser in general.



Nioxin and other companies also have a line of vitamins specially designed for the health of your hair, to thicken and kickstart regrowth. I use Hair, Skin, and Nails. Yes, that is the name. Its about ten dollars per bottle.



One herbal remedy that is highly touted is the use of nettles. You can find them dried at a health food store, and when used in a tea and applied to the scalp, can stimulate hair regrowth, even in those who are bald.



My mother has also experienced thinning, especially since her hysterectomy, but saw it restored from eating 8oz or more of yogurt a day.



And above all, stop abusing your hair. Sometimes overstyling can cause damage to the shaft that will completely prevent regrowth.



I hope this helps! I've battled this since I was 14 so I know a thing or two by now! Good luck! :)



Thinning hair over the last 6 months?

You're not skipping conditioner, are you? If you are, That is a HUGE mistake!



Thinning hair over the last 6 months?

this is happening to me too, i'm only 13! it really bugs me but my doctor says it's due to stress in overall lifestyle as well as eating habits..



hope your thinning stops!



Thinning hair over the last 6 months?

As ur hair grows long, it kinda tends to look um, flat and thin. first of, try to cut down a bit on the heating/colouring till your hair gets a bit healthier. Use some good conditioners, preferably natural, such as Henna, egg, etc. and then use hot oil treatments, these really work... trim your hair a bit to take off all the split ends and givew it a more even and healthy look. And then of course, dont forget eat healthy and drink plenty of water, healthier hair begin on the inside! good luck and MEERRRY CHRISTMAS!!



Thinning hair over the last 6 months?

First, you may not like this answer but I would go to the Vitamin Shop if I wanted to dye it and check out the natural dyes. I lost my hair when I had it professionally permed and the stupid lady left me under the dryer too long. I had to cut my losses and just go w/ short hair for a while. Too bad, I was too unknowledgeable about the power an attorney could have done in this situation.Don't pull on it, use hot items on it although warm curlers will work fine. I would try Sephora products, keep good nutrition and a good quality protein diet, the more organic the better, avoid or limit sugar intake as that ties in with hormonal imbalances and take a whole food protein powder supplement and a good multivitamin.Consider kelp and Ginkgo Biloba as this helps with hormone regulation and stimulates good blood flow to the scalp and decrease stressors in your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment