Thursday, July 30, 2009

My hair is thinning again. In the past it stopped and grew back. Now it is still coming out. I am 65

I have had my hair thin out 4 times in the past 30 years but it always grew back. I have used rogaine, thicking shampoos etc. I now wonder if I need better nutriction and vitamins.It keeps on getting thinner this time.



My hair is thinning again. In the past it stopped and grew back. Now it is still coming out. I am 65.vitamins?

Try Rogaine to thicken it back out.



My hair is thinning again. In the past it stopped and grew back. Now it is still coming out. I am 65.vitamins?

Unfortunately, thinning hair is one of the main symptoms of menopause, and while HRT will slow down some of the symptoms of menopause, if you have already had the thinning, it will not bring back the hair. If you had episodes of thinning hair prior to menopause, as it seems from your question, then I would wonder if you were ever checked for thyroid problems, or had excessive number of procedures and use of styling products on your hair? At 65, most women have thin hair. The thickening shampoos are a marketing ploy and no good. Rogaine WILL work but, of course, you have to keep using it. If it bothers you a lot, that may be your best choice. If you have never had your thyroid checked, you might consider it.



My hair is thinning again. In the past it stopped and grew back. Now it is still coming out. I am 65.vitamins?

You see baldness is really a man's problem during that age and it is genetically inclined (Androgenetic Alopecia ).There are no known medicines or vitamins can stop that (well only genetic re-positioning so that you won't get the baldness trait ) . For the meantime, Minoxidil and DCP could help to re-grow hair but only if yours will be responsive. I have a friend who had dramatic hair loss (but at her 30's ). She was asked to have blood testing done for vitamin deficiency, found out it was Zinc. Maybe you can try having a blood test done also (as adviced by a dermatologist expert in Hair problems ) just to check the vitamins you need to get but definitely this will just help you retain the hairs you have now . Hope this helps.



My hair is thinning again. In the past it stopped and grew back. Now it is still coming out. I am 65.vitamins?

Improved nutrition may well help, but at our ages for women menopause symptoms and low thyroid are common causes for thinning hair.



My hair is thinning again. In the past it stopped and grew back. Now it is still coming out. I am 65.vitamins?

Hello,



I've studied natural health for 10 years. Sometimes a lack of B Vitamins can cause hair loss. A good B-Complex, along with a B Vitamin called "Paba" has helped people's hair grow back after falling out. Keep in mind that in order for vitamins to work, all the vitamins must be present because they all work together. Eat a balanced diet of protein (meat, fish,cheese, eggs), carbohydrates (breads, potatoes, pasta), and vegetables. One time I stopped eating bread so I could lose weight, and my hair fell out in clumps. But when I started eating bread agian--it grew back. (bread has B Vitamins and carbohydrates). Don't forget to drink 8 glasses of water a day.



.Yes, it is true that old age often causes baldness because of a drop in hormones, but the vitamins are worth a shot. Take them with your diner meals, never take them without food.



There's a good vitamin company called Puritans Pride that my mom %26amp; I have ordered from for 25 years--they're high quality at low cost.

No comments:

Post a Comment