Tuesday, July 28, 2009

How do i straighten/thin my super poofy/dense hair.?

my hair is extremely dense and im trying to grow it out. should i just wear a beany when i sleep at night/around the house? or will that make it look too hat-hairish?



How do i straighten/thin my super poofy/dense hair.?

As a girl that goes to school with guys that have somewhat long hair, I seriously advise not to grow it out too long. If it is to long you might look like you have a girl's haircut. lol, but I doubt it. Well, if you want to STRAIGHTEN your hair as if a girl would, go buy a straightner. With the beanie thing, it sometimes keeps your hair straight. My older brother wears beanies all the time and he has always wanted straight hair but doesnt have it. He, too, has really thick, wavy/straight hair. Most of the time when he takes the beanie off, it looks even poofier and gives him hat hair. I would just recommend straightening it. Don't do it too much tho because then you'll look Emo. but good luck with the whole growing out your hair thing. : - )



How do i straighten/thin my super poofy/dense hair.?

layer it to thin it and get a good straitner



dont blow dry that always makes my hair poofier



How do i straighten/thin my super poofy/dense hair.?

Try using an anti-frizz shampoo AND conditioner. I use Sunsilk anti-poof and it really helps to get rid of the frizz when it dries. I also use a leave-in treatment from them as well that helps tremendously.



I would also recommend using a deep conditioner at least once a week on your hair. My brother actually started using mine on his goatee as it would get really dry and frizzy from work. The Garnier sleek and shine worked miracles for him.



The other option you have is to go into a place, like Supercuts, Hair Cuttery, etc., and ask them to thin out your hair.



How do i straighten/thin my super poofy/dense hair.?

hot oil soaks are great for making thin poofy hair less well, poofy. try putting a smoothing lotion in after you wash it, when it's still wet, and combing it out. Also, don't dry your hair with a towel - try a tshirt. That will also keep down the poof. As far as growing it out? well, make sure you condition it lots to keep it healthy, and have patience.



if a smoothing lotion and combing whilst wet doesn't work, use a straightener on dry hair. just remember to use a thermal protectant spray before you put 200+ degree tongs on your hair!

No comments:

Post a Comment