Sunday, July 26, 2009

Hair loss! I used to have super thick hair until I had kids now it is super thin. Help!?

I always had thick hair until I had my first kid at age 21. Just months after birth my hair fell out and not just a little bit either. I had noticable thinning hair. It thickened up a little about a year later but never was thick again. I just had another baby who is now 3 months old. During the pregnancy my hair thickened up which is normal because of the hormones. But now i'm back in the same boat. Just within a couple of days my hair started falling out and i'm back to super thin hair. I take vitamins all the time and I have no idea why my hair loss is so extreme! Anyone else have this problem and did ya find anything that helped grow your hair back? I'm only 23 I shouldn't look nearly bald.



Hair loss! I used to have super thick hair until I had kids now it is super thin. Help!?

I am having the same problem four months after my child is born. Slather your head with almond oil every night before you sleep. Do this daily. See if your hair doesn't grow back thicker - almost guaranteed. Good luck.



Hair loss! I used to have super thick hair until I had kids now it is super thin. Help!?

you can use volumising shampoos, or ones for thinning, damaged hair (c/w matching conditioners,) also helps to eat lots of jello ... believe it or not ...



Hair loss! I used to have super thick hair until I had kids now it is super thin. Help!?

Try Nexxus Diametress Thickening shampoo, it works really well. I used it when my hair started to get thinner from heat styling it too much, and it worked like a charm. =)



Hair loss! I used to have super thick hair until I had kids now it is super thin. Help!?

Hair thinning after childbirth is normal. It happened to me when my son was about 4 months old. This happens because of changes in the pattern of hair loss. Much less hair is lost during the pregnancy. After about 3-4 months, the hair follicles begin to shed the hair that would have been shed during pregnancy, which leads to significant hair thinning. It does return to normal though, but I think because you've just had another baby, its thinned again. My sister took protein supplements to help with the hair loss, although it can make you constipated. Hang in there, your hair does grow back eventually. Mine was falling out at a scary rate and I thought I would go bald sooner or later! But it has grown back very well indeed!



Hair loss! I used to have super thick hair until I had kids now it is super thin. Help!?

I had the same problem. Get yourself pre-natal vitamins and within 2-3 months you will start seeing changes to your hair. It will start to thicken. Also make sure that your diet contains proteins and green leafy vegetables. Stay far away from stress if you can because stress thins your hair and contributes to hair loss as well. Also make sure that you sleep at least 8 hours every night although that might be difficult with your 3 month old baby, but try.

No comments:

Post a Comment